07 January 2010

Our Obligation and Responsible



 Bismillahi as-salaatu was-salaamu a'la Rasoolillah

Salam..
7/1/2010
Hamdulillah, praise be to Allah for all his bless and guidance to us.


Hamdulillah, Today we have just finished our final exam. Its been quite a some time for me not to speak and write in English, so pardon me for my mistakes.


Since the first day we arrived, our status have actually changed from a Malaysian students to an International students. Me myself didn't realised about it until we had our test today. The test was held by a Moroccan lecturer, Madam Majdoubi with five foreign students which were three Malaysians and two Turkish . Eventhough we have never entered any English class here, we have to sit the test. This is because we have no basics in French and since English is our second language after Bahasa Malaysia, so, we have given this opportunity to do so.


Currently this phrases keep playing in my mind.
"Husna, your English language is decaying day by day"


Am I correct? :)


The story begin when my friends, Asiah and Zainab were very eager to make friend with some Madagascar students as their face was like Malay's face. So, I went there and become the so called translator for them as I know a little bit on how to communicate in English.



Asiah started to ask them in Arabic. They said that they dont understand Arabic language. Then, its my turn to ask them. I asked bout their name and where do they live and so on. But it was hard to do so. As if the words is not coming out of my head. I want to ask where but i said أين. I tend to forget some basic words. Even they can speak in English quite well and also fluently in French. They used these languages which help them to study in our university.


Most of the time, they kept to themselves more. But they are friendly to those who want to be friend with them.What is their name? Seriously, their name are very long and it difficult for me to pronounce it. Oh ya, another thing, I forgot to ask them whether they are moslems or not. Until one day, I met them in our way back home. I was waving to them saying hi. Suddenly the guy gave his hand and said "How're you doing?". I just smiled and said "Sorry, but I don't shake hands with guys". OPS. "I'm very sorry, I don't know bout it" he said and slowly kept distances from me. Then I replied "Its okay" and greet the Madagascar girl that was with him. Maybe, he thought that we do shake hands with guys just like the Moroccan ladies does. I'm sure that he had no ideas bout this.


Eventhough, we wore those tudung labuh, some of the Moroccan still consider it is okay to shake hands. Unless you tell them that you are not like that. Last night, we had a small chat together and compared between, the Jordan, Egyptian and Moroccan guys, which have more respects to Malaysian women. And we found that out of those, Moroccan guy have more respect to Malaysian female students. They are shy or we can say "segan" with us. They respect us more than their girls. All the uncles that I've met said that Malaysian girls are polite, well-mannered, and keep their aurah. But the reality is so not like what they think about us. So, I explained to them that we also have this type categories which is muhtajibah and some of us not. For me, all the moslems countries face the same thing.


Nowadays, the need for da'wah is to all. It doesnt mean that once you are moslem since the first day you see the world, you know enough bout Islam. The reality is people around us judge Islam from the moslems itself. Let us start questions in ourselves, have we done enough for our deen, for this ummah?. As for me, I think I've done nothing. For at least I can do is keep improving myself to become a better moslem.


Allah told us in el-Quran el-Kareem.


إلى قوله تعالى :
﴿ كُنْتُمْ خَيْرَ أُمَّةٍ أُخْرِجَتْ لِلنَّاسِ ﴾
[ سورة آل عمران : 110]


But this verse is continued to the next verse


﴿ تَأْمُرُونَ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَتَنْهَوْنَ عَنِ الْمُنْكَرِ وَتُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ ﴾
[ سورة آل عمران : 110]

Say in the interpretation of meaning:

110.
You [true believers in Islamic Monotheism, and real followers of Prophet Muhammad and his Sunnah (legal ways, etc.)] are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind; you enjoin Al-Ma'ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam has ordained) and forbid Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden), and you believe in Allah.



And Rasulullah s.aw said

(( كيف بكم إذا لم تأمروا بالمعروف ، ولم تنهوا عن المنكر ؟ قالوا : أو كائن ذلك يا رسول الله ؟ قال : وأشد منه سيكون ، قالوا : وما أشد منه ؟ قال : كيف بكم إذا أمرتم بالمنكر ، ونهيتم عن المعروف ، قالوا : أو كائن ذلك يا رسول الله ؟ قال : وأشد منه سيكون ، قالوا : وما أشد منه ؟ قال : كيف بكم إذا أصبح المعروف منكراً المنكر معروفاً ؟ )) .


From this two dalil, we can say that in achieving the title "BEST UMMAH" it must come along with amar ma'ruf and nahi munkar. So, let us all open our eyes, our hearts and mind and start to think for this deen. Who else is going to spread the beautiful of Islam if not the moslems themselves right?.


I've been clicking the links in my friend's status and I have found this video. Subhanallah, it was so mesmerizing as it was the first time for me to watch this.






 

 

 

 







SheikhHamza Yussuf, an American who converted to Islam really make me jealous. I was jealous for his ability to preach in TWO languages at the same time, and it was English and Arabic. Subhanallah. I was attracted with his ability to speak in Arabic language and I am determined to become better in lughah. InsyaAllah.


Wherever we go, wherever we are, don't forget that we carry these responsible:
  1. A'bidullah
  2. Khalifatullah
  3. Da'ie ilallah
I am writing this as reminders especially to me myself and to share it with others. We ask Allah for his forgiveness and bless for this ummah always. Amin ya rob.





No comments: